Race for the Cure Website-
The12th Annual Komen Central Valley Race for the Cure is the largest 5K Run and Walk in the Central Valley. 75% of the net proceeds are awarded by grant process to local nonprofits for programs of education, screening and treatment. The remaining 25% funds cutting edge breast cancer research.
Race for the Cure has been serving Fresno County since 1999 when breast cancer survivor, Carolyn Montez Jorgensen read about the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® in a running magazine. Dedicated to saving lives and ending breast cancer, Carolyn and passionate volunteers hosted the first Komen Central Valley Race for the Cure in 1999. Shortly thereafter, the Affiliate was incorporated. Since its inception in 1999, over $1.9 million has been invested in community-based programs for education, screening and treatment. Over $500,000 has supported the Susan G. Komen for the Cure National Grant Program for breast cancer research.
Come out and support Susan G. Komen's Race for the Cure on Saturday October 23rd at California State University, Fresno starting at 6:30. Visit the Susan G. Komen for the Cure website to register or to make a donation.